Reece and I have begun 2012 with a tiny bit more structure to our "Tot School" activities. We are loosely doing "Letter of the Week" - focusing on one new letter each week or so and doing a variety of fun activities and trays related to that letter. This is mostly to keep me organized and motivated to plan things for him to do. An additional thought is that I'd like to get better at this Tot School stuff before the baby girl arrives and throws our lives into joyful disorder.
We started at the beginning with A. Reece already knew the sound for short a and that "apple" begins with a, but I introduced him to capital vs. lower-case for the first time. He did lots of coloring pages with the letter a and pictures of apples, astronauts and alligators. Here are two of the many things that we did:
 |
| Stamping with apples |
 |
| Growing an alligator |
No comments:
Post a Comment